Friday, August 31, 2012

Effie Trinket Inspired - High Impact Autumn Manicure

Hey guys!  Hope you're all doin' well!  Autumn is just around the corner so I thought I would kick it off with a really Fast & Easy manicure that had high impact. 

I just watched The Hunger Games, (yep I'm behind times!) and really loved Effie Trinket's bold color choices.






This nail art design is inspired by her cute nails however I have used a darker autumn plum base by NYC # 220B "Canal Street".  It has a metallic finish that has warm golden undertones perfect for the autumn months. 

NYC in a New york color Minute dries in 60 seconds.  I applied two heavy coats. This entire manicure literally took me approximately 10 mins MAX, including drying time for even the top coat! *cheers to fast manicures!*  So if you're on the rush to have a fast cute mani, this ones for you!

After your base coat and 2 coats of the Canal Street dries you simply sponge on your favorite gold glitter polish on the center tips.  Make sure to focus the gold more in the middle and allow it to fade outwards to the edges of your nails.  The perfect part of this manicure is it takes zero talent!  Just use any sponge.  I used a sponge wedge  that is for makeup applications. 









Tutorial on my YouTube channel so make sure to check that out and other fun nail art designs as well as some makeup :)




No comments:

Post a Comment